Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Monday

We had a nice Memorial Day. John was off from work (his first holiday of the year! Yahoo!), and Ben, Eli, and Miss Melissa were visiting. In the morning, John woke up with Ellen from 6:30 and let me sleep until 8:30, and then he went back to bed. Ellen and I went outside and watched Ben, Eli, and Miss Melissa play hide and seek. It was a fun morning.

They left around noon, and we had lunch and then Ellen and I both took a nap. Around 2 we took a trip to iParty to buy stuff for Ellen's upcoming birthday. We bought plates, napkins, cake decorating stuff, tablecloths, and some decorations.

When we got home, John went out to plant his peppers and Ellen and I followed. Aunt Amber had recommended that I get Ellen outside with her shopping cart walker so she could have some practice unimpeded by furniture and walls. It was a good recommendation, because she loved it! She did a bunch of laps from the back door to the woodpile and back. She was barefoot and didn't seem so bothered by the grass, although she still wasn't a fan of touching it with her legs, arms, or hands. Afterward, she practiced standing on her own while I sang "You are my sunshine." She boogied down pretty hard and clapped for me a lot. I'm pretty sure that she learned quite a few moves from Eli when he was here this weekend.

We ate dinner and had a tubby to wash off her dirty feet and then I left her with Daddy while I went to the grocery store to get some food to prepare for the week. When I got back, she was out cold. This week she'll be eating sweet potatoes, carrots, cottage cheese, deli turkey, yogurt, and probably some London broil and potatoes (in the crockpot as we speak.)

I got home and prepared her food while John washed the bottles and then I sterilized everything for good measure (it's probably been a good month since we did it, so I figured we might as well.)

All in all, it was a great Monday. Back to the grind tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment